Blueberry Mint Tart
I am completely in tart making mood lately. Can you blame me with all those amazing summer berries around? Last week I showed you my Redcurrant Tart in my brand new rectangular tart tin. I was so in love with my new tin that I immediately made two tart versions. Initially I planned to show you the second version now, but than this Blueberry and Mint Tart hit Instagram and it got even more likes than my Redcurrant Tart. I was quite surprised and decided to show you my Blueberry and Mint Tart now instead.
Truth be spoken, it was anyway our favorite tart of all the tarts I made so far (and I made a lot, expect a few more summer tarts coming along 😉). My boyfriend took half of the tart to work and it was a huge hit. People told me it was the best thing I’ve ever baked for them. So I just couldn’t hold back and hope that you will love it as much.
The tart filling is rather sweet due to the white chocolate, but at the same time it is refreshing because there is mint and blueberries. A perfect balance between sweet and fresh. If you prefer it more fresh you can easily add more mint, I used eight mint leaves. If you like it less sweet, cut down the amount of white chocolate and instead add more Creme Fraiche, although it might not set so much. The tart is best enjoyed chilled from the fridge.
Have a nice Weekend!
A sweet but at the same time refreshing Blueberry and Mint Tart, with a white chocolate and fresh mint filling. Enjoy it chilled from the fridge!
For the Pastry:
- Start by sifting the flour and icing sugar together in a bowl
- Add the cubes of cold butter and either by hand or using a kitchen machine quickly knead in the butter until you get small crumbles
- Add the water and lemon juice and quickly bring the dough together, don't overwork it!
- Wrap it in clingfilm and chill it for one hour in the fridge
- Butter and flour a tart form.
- Flour your working surface and roll out the pastry. Add it to the tart form and prick some holes into the bottom with a fork.
- Add parchment paper on top of the pastry and weight it down by using some baking beans or rice.
- Bake the tart for 20 minutes at 200°c (180°C fan), remove the paper and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Let it cool completely on a wire rack,
The White Chocolate Cream:
- Chop the chocolate finely and add it to a heat proof bowl. Boil some water and add the bowl over it and melt the chocolate au bain-marie over medium heat.
- Let the chocolate cool down a little.
- In the meantime whip the cream and chop the mint leafs finely.
- Mi together the mint, whipped cream and creme fraiche and add it to the cooled melted white chocolate.
- Pour the cream into the cooled tart shell and add the washed blueberries on top.
- Finish with some mint leafs on top.
Recipes you might also like: